The NSP National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students @ tribal.nic.in are inviting by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Government of India.
Well, ST candidates who want to pursue professional courses at the Graduate/ Post Graduation level, as well as M.Phil/Ph.D. the level can utilize this scholarship by applying.
The complete application steps have been indicated in the end section. Beneath this scholarship, the ST aspirants will get the financial assistance to give the helping hands of the contenders to pursue higher education.
Highlights Of NSP National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
|Providing By||Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Government of India|
|Name of the Scholarship||NSP National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students|
|Closing Date||31st October 2020|
|Web Portal||tribal.nic.in/ scholarships.gov.in|
The entire benefits/ rewards details are now available in this section. Those who are very eager to know the benefits can attentively look at this portion and gain more knowledge before applying.
- Overall 750 Fellowships will be awarded.
For M. Phil the candidates will be received the beneath benefits.
- Per month Rs. 25000 is the fellowship amount
- Rs. 10,000 per annum is the contingency amount for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Per annum Rs. 12,000 for the Science, Engineering Technology
- As per the rules of the corresponding institution, the HRA amount will be given
- Rs. 2,000 per month is the Escorts/reader assistance for the physically handicapped and blind students.
- Rs. 28,000 per month for fellowship amount
- Rs. 20,500 per annum is the contingency amount for the Humanities & Social Sciences
- Per annum Rs. 25,000 for the Science, Engineering Technology
- According to the rules and regulations of the corresponding institution, the HRA amount will be provided
- Rs. 2,000 per month is the Escorts/ reader assistance for physically handicapped and blind students.
A total of 1000 scholarships will be awarded
- Per Annum Rs. 2.5 lakh is the Full tuition fee with a maximum ceiling will be covered beneath the scholarship
- Rs. 3,000 per annum is the amount given per student for the purpose of books and stationery will be mentioned
- Rs. 2,200 per month is the amount provided with a maximum ceiling of Rs. 26,400 per annum is provided to the candidates as living expenses
- For one-time assistance for computers and accessories, the 45,000 will be given to the students.
The complete eligibility criteria info is attached in this section in a detailed format for the sake of candidates.
- The applying student should pass the post-graduation exam
- The candidate needs to get admitted or registered for the regular full-time M. Phil/ Ph.D. program in the institutions that approved by the well-known UGC beneath section (f) of the ICAR/ UGC Act
- To qualify for the Senior Research Fellowship the candidate needs to full fill the prescribed UGC/ ICAR norms.
- The candidate has to take admission in the institutions that specified as well as notified by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- The family income of the candidate is less than Rs. 6 Lakhs per annum.
Here we have mentioned the duration of the scheme. All the willing students who want to know about the duration of both fellowship and scholarship can attentively read the beneath mentioned points. Individually we have given the info.
- Enrollment of M.Phil.: 2 Years
- Ph.D. Exclusively: 5 Years
- Enrollment of Ph.D. after completion of M.Phil: 2 years (M.Phil) and 3 years (Ph.D.)
- The duration of the scholarship is as per the selected course.
The complete selection procedure details have been updated in this section. Interested people can take a look at here and find valid details regarding the selection process.
- The details mentioned in the application form will be checked by the institute
- Also, the institute surely verifies the submitted documents as well as certificates
- For different subcategories, all the applications will be processed keeping a note of the slot numbers
- On the official web portal, the merit list of the selected competitors will be mentioned.
- Caste certificate
- Candidates photography
- Passing certificate of post-graduation
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Physically handicapped certificate (if applicable)
- Details about the project
- Joining report
- Non-Judicial bond
- Award letter
- Bank Account
- Upgradation certificate
Disbursement of Fellowship
- HRA (quarterly)
- Continuation certificate from the institution (quarterly)
- Progress report (yearly)
- Income certificate
- Student Photograph
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of bank account
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Institute verification form/ Bonafide certificate
- The ST students that selected for the fellowship cannot claim any other scheme of the Centre or State Government
- The duration for the fellowships is available for 5 years in the case of a Ph.D.
- 2 years in the case of M.Phil. It may vary based on the course a student is pursuing
- The fellowship must be payable once the candidate has gained admission as well as started the research work.
- The scheme will be awarded for the candidates to continue till the finishing of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the aspirant
- The scholarship must be payable once the candidate has scored admission and started attending the classes
- The maximum scholarship duration is completely based on the course selected by the candidate.
NSP National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students Application Steps
- Visit tribal.nic.in/ scholarships.gov.in
- Now, find the scheme details
- You will find the Guidelines option
- Choose it
- The new pdf appears on the screen
- Download it
- Verify the guidelines carefully
- If you are suitable then start filling the online applications
- Mention all the valuable details
- Upload the documents
- Once carefully verify it
- After that click on the submit option.
Mandatory Dates – Last Date
- Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
- Scholarship End date: 31st October 2020
- Last date for defective verification: 15th November 2020
- Closing date for institute verification: 15th November 2020.
To Know More NSP National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2020-21: Fellowship Guide
For Registration Purpose: Register Here
Official Address & Contact Details
Contact Number: 0120 – 6619540
Email Id: helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in
Address: Ministry of Tribal Affairs, 416, 4th Floor, B-Wing, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001