The Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A) @ wosa.gov.in invites the Online Applications for the Women Scientists. Moreover, to pursue research in the fields of basic/ applied sciences in the specific areas of Engineering and Science.
So, the major aim of the scheme is to give wonderful chances to the women scientists who are anxious about responding to the mandatory stream of science. As well as work as large bench-level scientists.
Also, the officials have stated that they will accept the eligible application forms Throughout the Year. That means the applications will be Always Open.
Highlights Of WOS-A Scheme
|Providing Authority||Department of Science & Technology, Government of India|
|Name of the Scholarship||Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A)/ WOS-A Scheme/ DST Women Scientist Scheme – A|
|Closing Date||Throughout Year|
Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A)
Women constitute is a necessary part of the workforce. Moreover, according to the present situation, a huge number of qualified women scientists are taking the decision to leave the S&T activities.
Meanwhile, the reason is due to multiple circumstances. So, most of them are regularly facing problems and often the break-in career stands out of the family as well as motherhood responsibilities.
Therefore via this endeavor of the authority, a combined work must be done to present the women a strong foothold. In this way, you can go into the scientific profession.
At the same time, the department will help the women students to re-enter the mainstream. Therefore, also presents the launchpad for additional invasions into the field of science as well as technology.
We have mentioned the list of the available disciplines from this section. Moreover, check the list attentively.
- Engineering & Technology [ET]
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS]
- Life Sciences [LS]
- Chemical Sciences [CS]
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS]
Well, this scheme gives a research scheme that adds the fellowship of the candidate as well as consumables, travel, contingencies, cost of small types of equipment, etc, and more.
Therefore, the institutional expenses charges. And also the House Rent Allowances are not involved in this total project cost. Therefore, read the mentioned table in a detailed format.
|Category||Fellowship||Complete Project Cost|
|Post Graduation in Basic Science (M.Sc) or equivalent that is MBBS/ B. tec, etc.,||Rs. 31000 + House Rent Allowances||Rs. 20 Lakhs|
|Post Graduation in Professional Course (M.Pham/ M.Tech/ M.Phil., etc.,||Rs. 40000 + House Rent Allowances||Rs. 25 Lakhs|
|Ph.D. or equivalent||Rs. 55000 + House Rent Allowances||Rs. 30 lakhs|
Eligibility Criteria – DST Women Scientist Scheme – A
The clear cut eligibility criteria information has been available
- Age: The Minimum Age to apply for WOS-A Scheme is 27 Years. At the same time, the Maximum Age is 57 Years. Therefore, note that the Women Scientists those whose age is less than 27 years of age are not eligible to apply for the present scheme.
- Education Qualification: Well, Women Scientists who have finished their Post Graduation in the field of Science, Graduation or Post Graduation in the Professional Courses, as well as Ph.D., are eligible. And also, those who have a break in their career are also eligible to apply for WOS-A. Therefore, aspirants who have been registered in Ph.D. at the same time who are taking the fellowship are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Employment: Individuals in regular employment are not suitable for this scheme. But, women scientists who are using any temporary positions in academics or research can apply for this scheme. Still, if the WOS-A project is approved, then the candidates need to leave their earlier assignments.
- Break-In Career: So, after a Ph.D. award, a minimum 2 years break is required.
Candidates need to upload only two types of documents. Therefore, the list is available here. So, all the applying candidates can check it carefully and then upload them at the time of the application process.
- Caste Certificate
- Academic Marks
Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A) Application Process
Candidates are welcome to follow the steps which we have updated in this section. Moreover, many of the individuals want to know about the steps for filling the applications. And we have clearly given the steps in this section. Therefore, all willing and interested people can look here and grab knowledge.
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official web portal @ wosa.gov.in
- Now, the main page is available
- So, read the complete information related to DST Women Scientist Scheme – A
- After that on the right side of the screen, candidates will find the option regarding Online Submission
- Now, press the link to register
- After that log in with the help of credentials
- Now, you need to fill the general information
- Upload the documents
- Finally submit it and press on the application form
Type of Information Need To Fill On Application Form
Here we have mentioned the complete data related to the type of details that filled at the time of submitting the Online Application Form. Hence, check the below info attentively.
Section A – General Information
- Husband/ Fathers Name
- Postal Address for Correspondence, E-mail (it is mandatory)
- Permanent Address
- Date of Birth
- Category (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH) you have to attach the relevant copy certificate
- Married/ Unmarried status
- Academic record (You have to fill this column from matriculation onwards)
- Honors, Scholarships, Distinctions, Awards, Fellowships, Medals that received during your academic/ University career
- Whether passed the exams organized by GATE/ NET/ ICAR/ UGC/, etc. Moreover, if yes, then show the name of the examination, year and grade
- Employment/ Professional record (if any, in chronological order)
- Give the information of demonstrable research experience (That is dissertations, publications, patents, etc.)
- Title of a Ph.D. thesis as well as the name of the Supervisor
- the information of the break-in career after the highest education qualification. If in case any gap the period in years with the reasons for the break
- Those who are working in the aimed area of research mentioned the 3 names of institutions as well as scientists in the county
- If in case the candidates are you getting or availed fellowship/ scholarship with the help of any other scheme. Then provide the yes if receiving
- Any other related details
Section – B Details Of The R&D Project
- Project Title
- Broad subject area
- Area of specialization
- Cost of the project
- Summary of the proposal (It should be no more than 500 words)
- National and international status
- Work plan
- Expected deliverables/outcome
- The Importance of the required outcome with respect to the state-of-the-art in the field
- Name, Address of the institution. As well as give the biodata, etc.,
Important Dates – Last Date
The officials will accept Online Applications throughout the year.
We have uploaded the links related to DST Women Scientist Scheme -. So, candidates who are applying for the current scheme can verify the links properly before starting the application procedure.
To know more Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A) Details: View More
If you have any queries related to DST Women Scientist Scheme -: View FAQ
To Register For WOS-A Scheme: Register Here
Official Address & Contact Details
Address: Dr. Sanjay Mishra, Head, KIRAN DIVISION, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016.
Address: Dr. Vandana Singh, Officer-in-charge, Women Scientist Scheme-A, Department of Science & Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016
For scheme related queries please contact
Women Scientists Helpline Number: 011-26565285
Working hours – 9:30 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 5:30 PM