BHU Jobs Notification 2023 information for the hiring of 12 Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor Posts has been released on the official website at bhu.ac.in. Candidates Planning to start their career with Banaras Hindu University can apply Online application on or before 2023-07-31.
|Organization Name||Banaras Hindu University|
|Post Name||Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor|
|No. of Vacancies||12|
|Educational Qualification||Mastres Degree, Ph.D, NET, SLET, SET, M.Phil|
BHU Post Details
Assistant Professor: 4 Posts
Professor : 4 Posts
Associate Professor: 4 Posts
- Assistant Professor: A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject (as per Table 2below) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. (ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET : Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions :-a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode; Page 3 of 6 b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners; c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted; d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal; e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
- Professor : An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline (as per Table 2 below), and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 (of UGC Regulations 2018). (ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate. OR B. An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines (as perTable 2 below), from any academic institutions (not included in A above) / industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline (as per Table 2 below), supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
- Associate Professor: A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines (as per Table 2 below). (ii) A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed). (iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 (of UGC Regulations 2018).
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 1,44,200 – 2,18,200/- Per Month
- Professor : Rs. 1,31,400 – 2,17,100/- Per Month
- Associate Professor: Rs. 57,700- 1,82,400/-Per Month
- Assistant Professor: As Per Rule
- Professor : As Per Rule
- Associate Professor: As Per Rule
UR/EWS/OBC fee: Rs.1000/-
SC/ST/PWBD/Women/Transgene fee: Nil
Selection Process: Selection will be based on the Interview, Merit
How to Apply: interested and Eligible applicants may apply Online Through the Official Website bhu.ac.in on or before 31st July 2023.
Notification date: 28th June 2023.
Application last date: 31st July 2023.