Power Grid Corporation of India recruitment Executive trainee Feb 2014: POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,01,379 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 169 Sub-stations (as on 30.6.2013) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of 13,329 Crore and Net Profit of 4235 Crore (FY:2012-13).
Name of Post:- Executive Trainee (Electrical)
Total no. of Posts:- 132 Posts
Eligibility:- BE, B Tech, BSc
Job Location:- New Delhi, India
Pay Scale:- Rs. 25900 – 50500/- Per Month
Last Date:- 14th February 2014
Hiring Process:- Written Test
Age Limit:- 28 years as on 31.12.2013
Qualification:- Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/Institute in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering with Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA
Selection Procedure:- Selection will be on the basis of written Exam and Personal Interview depending on the number of applications received.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
i) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
ii) By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
iii) 10 years over and above category relaxation (i.e. 10 years for a PwD candidate belonging to General category, 13 years for a PwD candidate belonging to OBC(NCL) category etc.)
How to apply:- From 7th January 2014 onwards, candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website www.powergridindia.com with details of their GATE registration number and other required information.
NOTE: GATE Registration No. as appearing on the top portion of GATE-2014 admit card (2 alpha, 9 numerics) needs to be entered carefully in the online application form. No other number should be entered as GATE-2014 Registration number while applying to POWERGRID. Please note that once your application is submitted, no request regarding change in GATE Registration Number or Name shall be entertained.
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
- Only Indian Nationals of 18 years age or above are eligible to apply.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Essential qualification should be recognized and from a recognized Institution or University.
- Number of vacancies can be modified as per management’s discretion.
- Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- Date of issuance of mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
- Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100
- Candidates selected in POWERGRID are liable to be posted anywhere in India and Abroad.