TISS Jobs 2019 information has been released on official website www.tiss.edu for the hiring of 4 vacancies at Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The candidate who is looking for Assistant Professor can apply online application on or before 20-05-2019.
|Organization Name||Tata Institute of Social Sciences|
|Post Name||Assistant Professor|
|No. of Vacancies||4|
|Educational Qualification||Ph.D, M.Phil, NET|
Post Name:– Assistant Professor
No of Post:- 04
Pay Scale:- Rs. 61500/- Per Month
Assistant Professor:- 1. A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Social work/Social Sciences/Social Entrepreneurship/ Business Management/Rural Development from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
(a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
(b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
(c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted; d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal; e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency. The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
- the Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
(i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
(ii) The Times Higher Education (THE) or
(iii) The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai). The candidate having M.Phil / Ph.D in Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology from RCI or UGC recognized institutes with two years relevant field practice / teaching experience and publications will be given preference.
As per rule of TISS
Selection will be on the basis of Interview.
Gen/ OBC:- Rs. 1000/-
SC/ST/PWD:- No Fee
Payment Method:- Pay the Examination Fee through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates may apply online at TISS‘s website (direct link is given below) from 06th May 2019 to 20th May 2019.
Starting to Apply Online:- 06th May 2019
Closing Date to Apply Online:- 20th May 2019
Advt. Details:- Click here
Apply Online:- Click here
- The Institute reserves the right to not fill up the vacancy advertised. The Institute reserves the right to relax qualification of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/Research Institution of repute.
- The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for the vacancy as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
- Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
- The positions are unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply.
- No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview/selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration of the post.
- The candidate under employment must bring a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer to appear for the interview.
- No TA/DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
- In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate (s).
- The candidates have to bring their original certificates of their educational qualifications and work experience for verification while appearing for the test/interview or before joining the post, if selected.