TISS Jobs 2019 information has been released on official website www.tiss.edu for the hiring of 39 vacancies at Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The candidate who is looking for Professor, Associate Professor & Assistant Professor can apply online application on or before 15-06-2019.
|Organization Name||Tata Institute of Social Sciences|
|Post Name||Professor, Associate Professor & Assistant Professor|
|No. of Vacancies||39|
|Educational Qualification||Ph.D, PG|
Post Name:- Professor
No. Of Post:- 06
Pay Scale:- As per 7th CPC
Post Name:- Associate Professor
No. Of Post:- 10
Pay Scale:- As per 7th CPC
Post Name:- Assistant Professor
No. Of Post:- 23
Pay Scale:- As per 7th CPC
Professor:- (i) An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree, with at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline
(ii) A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in university/ college as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor/ Professor, and/ or research experience at equivalent level.
Associate Professor:- (i) A good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/ relevant disciplines mentioned above.
(ii) A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
(iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/ research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College.
Assistant Professor:- (i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks in a concerned/ relevant/ subject.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR.
|Age Limit||As per rule of TISS|
|Application Fee||No Application Fee|
How to Apply
Eligible candidates may apply online at TISS‘s website (direct link is given below) from 23rd May 2019 to 15th June 2019.
Starting Date to Registration:- 23rd May 2019
Closing Date to Registration:- 15th June 2019
Advt. Details:- Click here
Apply Online:- Click here
- Applicants are advised to submit separate applications against each post. Candidates should not send the hard copy of the application to the Institute. However, they are expected to produce all the documents in support of their claim as provided in the application at the time of interview.
- The Institute may offer a lower post to a candidate eve though they may have applied for a higher post, in case the Selection Committee recommends s
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of academic score, which may be higher than the minimum prescribed as decided by duly constituted Screening Committee(s) and approved by the Competent Authority.
Call letters for attending interview will be sent only to the short-listed candidates to the registered email id. No correspondence will be made with applicants who have not been short-listed/not called for interview. In case the Institute receives large number of applications for a particular post, the Institute in such cases reserves the right to adopt stringent criteria for shortlisting candidates to be called for interview either by conducting a written test or adopting a marking system as approved by a Competent Authority.
- (i) Reservations for SC, ST, OBC, EWS and Persons with Disabilities will be as per GoI norms as amended from time to time. Candidates applying for Reserved Posts should clearly state to which category they belong to. They must also enclose a Certificate issued by Tahsildar/ Mandal Revenue Officer/ Equivalent authority as proof to this effect, without which the applications will not be considered.
(ii) In case a candidate wants to claim benefits under the Persons with Disabilities category, the candidate’s relevant disability should be not less than 40 per cent. Proof, to this effect, must be enclosed with the application, without which the application will be treated as ‘General (unreserved)’.
(iii) Candidates applying for the post(s) reserved for OBCs must submit an attested copy of caste certificate, specifically mentioning Creamy Layer-exclusion in the format prescribed by the GoI issued by a Competent Authority, vide Column 3 of GoI, Dept. of Personnel and Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 8.9.1993 and modified vide DOPT’s OM No. 36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res) dated 9.3.2004, subsequently revised vide OM No.36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res) dated 14.10.2008, without which applications will not be considered. The form of Caste Certificate must be in the format as prescribed by the GoI; otherwise, the application will be summarily rejected without further consideration.
(iv) Candidates applying for the post(s) reserved for EWS, must submit an attested copy of certificate in the format prescribed by GoI issued by competent authority, vide Column 5 of GoI, Dept. of Personnel and Training OM No. 36039/1/2019-Estt. (Res) dated 31.01.2019, without which applications will not be considered. The E.W.S Certificate format must be as prescribed by the GoI; otherwise the application will be summarily rejected without further consideration.
(v) Reservation guidelines of the GoI, if revised in future shall be applicable & implemented accordingly.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax any of the qualifications, experience, etc., in deserving cases in respect of any post. Candidates shall not claim it as a right.
- The number of vacancies of the posts indicated in this Employment Notification is tentative. The Institute reserves the right to fill any consequential vacancies, and /or to increase/ decrease the number of posts and make appointments accordingly.
- Selection will be made on the basis of the candidates’ previous record and their performance in the interview. The Institute may utilise seminar/colloquium/lecture and/or any other mode as a supplementary method in the selection process.
- If called for an interview, the candidate/applicant will have to submit a “No Objection Certificate” obtained from his/her employer to the Institute at the time of interview.
- Experience and qualifications will be reckoned as on the last date of submission of applications.
- The Institute also reserves the right to select candidates with higher qualifications than what is specified or to select candidates who have not applied for the posts or those with different specialisations.
- No application of probationer for employment in other institution shall be forwarded.
- Canvassing or influencing in any form on behalf of the candidate will disqualify candidature. The Institute reserves the right to take appropriate action against uncalled for influence and threat.
- The candidates selected for appointment are expected to join within 30 days of issue of appointment letter.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute shall be final.
- The Institute shall have the right to withdraw the advertisement of a particular post(s) or complete advertisement due to administrative reason(s).
- In case of any dispute, any suit or legal proceedings against the Institute, the jurisdiction will be restricted to the High Court, Mumbai.
- Eligible and interested persons may only apply online in the format available on the Institute’s website: www.tiss.edu. Offline applications will not be accepted.
- The online applications will open on 23rd May, 2019 .
- The last date for closing of online applications is 15th June, 2019.