TNPSC recruitment 2018-19 notification has been released on official website www.tnpsc.gov.in for the recruitment of 28 vacancies at Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidate who is looking for Librarian Grade-I in Industries and Commerce Department, Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-II for Anna Centenary Library in Public Libraries Department & Various Vacancies can apply online application from 14th November 2018 and before 16th December 2018.
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Total Number of Posts||28|
|Librarian Grade-I in Industries and Commerce Department||1 Post|
|Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-II for Anna Centenary Library in Public Libraries Department||19 Posts|
|Qualification||Librarian Grade-I: Must possess a degree in Arts or Science or Commerce from University recognized by the University Grants Commission and Must possess a degree in Library Science from any University recognized by the University Grants Commission, or from a recognized Institution or Board and Must possess practical experience in Cataloguing and abstracting in a Library connected with any recognized Educational and Scientific Institution or Industrial Concern for a period of not less than two years.
Librarian Grade-II: A Bachelor’s Degree of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission and A Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
|Age limit||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes: 18 to No Age Limit
Others (Librarian Grade-I): 18 to 35 years
Others (Librarian Grade-II): 18 to 30 Years
As of 1st July 2018
|Pay Scale||Librarian Grade-I: Rs. 36200 – 114800/- Per Month
Librarian Grade-II: Rs. 19500 – 62000/- Per Month
|Registration Fee||Rs. 150/-|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 150/-|
|online through Net banking / Credit card / Debit card or it can be paid offline at SBI/ Indian Bank|
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Online Submission starts||14th November 2018|
|Online Submission Last Date||16th December 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee through Bank||18th December 2018|
|Date of Examination||23rd February 2019|
Process to Apply Application
|Selection Process||Selection will be based on Written Examination and Oral Test in the form of an interview.|
|How to Apply||Interested and eligible candidates may apply online application form at official website www.tnpsc.gov.in from 14th November 2018 to 16th December 2018.|
|Official Advertisement||Click here|
|Online application link||Click here|
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to this recruitment except for the posts mentioned in the serial numbers 3 & 6.
- In G.O.(Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.)No.40 Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014, the Government have issued orders to fill 20% of all vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualifications in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply to this recruitment. Applicants claiming this reservation must have studied the prescribed qualifications for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the University Examinations or Competitive Examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify the candidate for claiming this reservation. If the Applicants with PSTM Certificate are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled by Non-PSTM Applicants but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM certificate shall be produced by the applicant in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission‟s website at „www.tnpsc.gov.in‟ which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution and to be submitted when called for by the Commission. However, reservation of appointment to the PSTM is not applicable to the posts mentioned in Serial Numbers 3 & 6 and Turn does not arise for the post mentioned in Serial Number 1. PSTM reservation is applicable for the posts mentioned in Serial Numbers 2, 4 & 5. (For further details refer para 27 (XIX) of “Instructions to Applicants”)
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable to modification with reference to vacancy position at any time including reduction before finalization of selection.
- The selection for appointment to the above said posts is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed at Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- As per Section 26 and 27(c) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act 2016, reservation of appointment to Destitute Widows and Ex-Servicemen respectively is applicable only to the post of Librarian and Information Assistant Grade – II in Public Libraries Department (Sl.No.5) and not applicable to all other posts (Sl. No. 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6).
- As per G.O.(Ms) No.51, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 26.12.2017, the reservation to Differently Abled Persons is applicable only to the post of Librarian and Information Assistant Grade – II in Public Libraries (Sl.No. 5) and not applicable to all other posts.
- The Differently Abled persons should submit copy of Differently Abled Certificate specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. If selected, they should produce a Fitness Certificate obtained from the Medical Board to the appointing authority. [Section 20 (5) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act 2016].
- If no qualified and suitable women applicants are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male applicants belonging to the respective communal categories.
- Wherever vacancies are reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, even after filling the vacancies reserved for SC (Arunthathiyars) on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se-merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified applicants, it shall be filled by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Any subsequent claim made thereafter on submission of online application will not be entertained. Evidence for claims made in the online application should be uploaded/ submitted in time, when called for. Failure to submit the documents within the stipulated time limit will entail rejection of the Application.
- Correct and True information regarding arrest, convictions/ debarment/ disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated/ pending or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament/ State Legislature/ Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e., the details thereof, originals of the Judgement, order or G.O dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such Applicants for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of Certificate Verification without fail.
- Incomplete applications and applications containing wrong claims or incorrect particulars relating to category of reservation/ other basic qualification/ eligibility wise/ age/ communal categories/ educational qualification/ physical qualification and other basic eligibility criteria will be liable for rejection.
- One-Time Registration is not an application for any Post/ Recruitment. Though the details/ particulars were furnished in the One-Time Registration by the applicants, the details/ particulars furnished in the online application submitted for this recruitment alone will be taken into consideration. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application for this recruitment.