TNPSC recruitment 2018-19 notification has been released on official website www.tnpsc.gov.in for the recruitment of 30 vacancies at Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidate who is looking for Assistant Jailor can apply online application from 8th October 2018 and before 7th November 2018.
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Total Number of Posts||30|
|Post name||Assistant Jailor|
|Assistant Jailor||30 Posts|
|Qualification||A degree of any of the Universities recognized by the University Grants Commission.|
|Age limit||SC/ST/ST (Arunthathiyar)/MBC/BC/BC (Muslim)/Denotified Communities/Destitute Widows: 18 to no maximum age limit
Others: 18 to 30 Years.
As of 1st July 2018
|Pay Scale||Rs. 35400 – 112400/- Per Month|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 150/-|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 150/-|
|Through Net banking / Credit card / Debit card or it can be paid by offline at SBI / at Indian Bank|
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Online Submission starts||8th October 2018|
|Online Submission Last Date||7th November 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee through Bank||9th November 2018|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||6th January 2018|
Process to Apply Application
|Selection Process||Selection will be based on Written Examination and Oral Test.|
|How to Apply||Interested and eligible candidates may apply online application form at official website www.tnpsc.gov.in from 8th October 2018 to 7th November 2018.|
|Official Advertisement||Click here|
|Online application link||Click here|
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable for this recruitment. Not exceeding 10% vacancies of direct recruitment quota shall be filled up from the categories of Warders, Grade-I and Grade-II of the Tamil Nadu Jail Subordinate Service, who are graduates and have put in five years of service in their respective categories. Women are not eligible for the post of Assistant Jailor (Men) and men are not eligible for the post of Assistant Jailor (Women).
- In G.O.(Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.)No.40 Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014 the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. (Applicants claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). If the applicants with PSTM Certificate are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled up by eligible Non-PSTM applicants but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM certificate shall be produced / uploaded by the applicant in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution. (For further details refer para 27 (XIX) of “Instructions to Applicants”)
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed at Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- As per Section 26 and 27(c) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions & Service) Act 2016, reservation to “Destitute Widows” will not apply to this recruitment.
- As per G.O.(Ms).No.51, welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP – 3.2) Department, dated 26.12.2017, 4% reservation to all categories of Differently Abled Persons is applicable to the ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts. They should upload a copy of documents referred to in para. 14(b) of ‘Instructions to Applicants’ when called for.
- The Differently Abled persons should submit / upload a copy of Differently Abled Certificate from the Competent Authority specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Even after filling up of the vacancies reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified applicants, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Subsequent claims made after the submission of online application will not be entertained. Evidence for claims made in the online application should be uploaded / submitted in time when documents are called for. Failure to submit the documents within the stipulated time limit will entail rejection of application.
- Correct and True information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated / pending or finalised, participation in agitation or any political organisation, candidature in election for parliament / state legislature / local bodies etc, if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application. The details thereof, i.e. originals of the judgement, order/ or G.O. dropping further action in departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such applicants for government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of certificate verification without fail. All such events that occur after the submission of application and till the date of his/her selection and appointment shall be reported to the Commission forthwith then and there. Failure to report on the part of applicant will be considered as suppression of material information and will attract suitable penal action.
- Incomplete applications and applications containing wrong claims or incorrect particulars relating to category of reservation / other basic qualifications / eligibility / age / communal categories / educational qualification / PSTM / physical qualification and other basic eligibility criteria will be summarily rejected.
- One Time Registration is not an application for any post / recruitment. Though the details / particulars were furnished in the One Time Registration by the applicants, the details / particulars furnished in the online application for this recruitment alone will be taken into consideration. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application for this recruitment.
- Refer Annexure – III of this notification regarding determination of community and reservation in employment for third genders.
- The applicants shall abide by the conditions with reference to Training Course, Probation, Stipend, Security, Contract/Agreement, Study Tour Expenses Equipment allowance etc., as stipulated by the appointing authority.