Union Budget 2017 points
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented Union Budget 2017 in parliament at 11:00 am Today (1st February 2017), Check the Below Points which were said by Arun Jaitley during Union Budget 2017.
- Double – Digit inflation has been controlled, We are seen as Engine of Global Growth.
- Drop in Economic activity, if any during remonetisation period, is expected to have transient impact on economy.
- Our Agenda for coming year is transform, energise and clean India.
- MNREGA allocation raised to Rs 48000 crore for 2017.
- Aadhar based smartcards for senior citizens to monitor the health.
- Arun Jaitley proposes to set up a Rs. 1 Lakh crore rail safety fund over five year.
- Service tax on e-tickets booked through IRCTC to be withdrawn.
- FIPB – Foreign investment promotion Board to be abolished.
- Two new schemes for promoting use of BHIM app, Aadhar pay for those without e-wallets, phones and debit cards.
- Five percent tax reduction for companies with annual turnover of less then Rs. 50 Crores.
- Government has accepted proposal to not allow cash transactions of over Rs. 3 lakh.
- On politically funding, jaitley Proposes capping donation at Rs. 2000 from one source, receiving donations through cheques and electoral bonds.
- Tax rate for those with income between Rs. 2.5 to Rs. 5 lakh halved to five percent.